Exercise: 45 Degree Leg Press
The leg press is a quality exercise for building big quadriceps & hamstrings, and an overall stronger lower body.
- Set up for the 45 degree leg press by loading the weight plates you want to use on the leg press machine.
- Sit down on the leg press machine and position your feet at about shoulder width apart, in the middle of the foot plate.
- Extend your legs to take the weight off the racks, and release the safety.
- Your knees should be slightly bent at the start of the movement, as this will ensure the weight is on your quads.
- Slowly lower the weight down until your legs are just past a 45 degree angle.
- Push through your heels and extend your legs to move the weight back up to the starting position.
- Repeat movement for desired reps.
Leg Press Tips:
- Your knees should not be locked out at the any point during this exercise.
- When moving the weight up, push through your heels.
- You can involve the glutes more in this exercise by going deeper.
- Always be sure that the safety is locked securely when finishing the exercise.