Muscle gain and strength program for men
We didn’t publish any workout programs for a long time. Today we want to make up leeway and add the variety. That’s why, dear builders and jocks, there is a new training program for boost strength growth and muscle gain, our crazy twenty.
The main goal of the program goes from it name. It is a muscle gain and strength improvement. Type of the program is split. You will have the workout four times per week and you have already had at least one year experience at the gym. This program is not for beginners. You can use this training during 4-6 months. Result will be fantastic. The nutrition should be appropriate; you will need to eat much.
The sense of the program is in training with your working weights. You will need to do 7 sets of basic exercises: bench press, squats, military press, deadlift. The scheme is the next:
- 1-3 set: working weights – 5 reps
- 4-6 set: working weights – 10 reps
- 7 set: working weights – maximum reps (the goal is 20 reps)
Of course the last set is the key set. If you able to make 20 reps in seventh set and even more, next time you should add 2,5 kilos to your working weight. If you can’t overcome these 20 reps, just train with your current weight and try to achieve the progress next time.
As long as you feel the strength to do all 20 reps in the seventh set, you will start developing very quickly. It is normal thing when guys use this program and add 2,5 kilos to their working weights each 2-4 weeks. Accordingly, you will increase your indicators in press, squats, and deadlift for more than 15-25 kilos per half a year.
To sum up, in this program:
- we will use the same working weights in each set;
- you should achieve maximum reps in last, key set.
You should be a smart guy in this question. Let see the indicators of experienced builder who has regular workout at gym. For example, his maximum weight in bench press is 110 kilos, in squats – 160 kilos and in deadlift – 180 kilos. For proper using this program his working weights should be the next one:
- bench press – 60 kilos;
- squats - 85 kilos;
- deadlift – 85 kilos;
- military press – 45 kilos.
As usual, statement for beginners: this program is just example, but not the ultimate truth. You can use this program as you wish, considering your personal characteristics and needs. If you see ‘1×5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, max’, it means that in first, second and third set you should do 5 reps, in fourth, fifth and sixth sets – 10 reps, in seventh set – until failed, but the main target is 20 reps in seventh set. That’s all.
Monday: chest and triceps training
- Flat Bench Press : 1×5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, max;
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3×10;
- Machine Bench Press: 3×10;
- Butterfly: 3×15;
- EZ-Bar Scullcrusher: 3×10;
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3×15.
Tuesday: back and biceps training
- Deadlift: 1×5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, max;
- Pullups: 3хmax;
- Seated Cable Rows: 3×10;
- T-Bar Row: 3×10;
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 3×10;
- Standing Biceps Cable Curls: 3×15.
Thursday: shoulders and traps training
- Military Press: 1×5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, max;
- Arnold Dumbbell Press: 3×10;
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise (Power Partials): 3×15;
- Bent-Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises: 3×15;
- Barbell Shrugs: 3×10;
- Smith Machine Behind the Back Shrug: 3×10.
Friday: legs training
- Barbell Squats: 1×5, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, max;
- Hack Squats: 3×10;
- Leg Press: 3×15;
- Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift: 3×10;
- Lying Leg Curls: 3×15;
- Seated Calf Raises: 3×15.
Saturday and Sunday: rest
This is whole rather interesting program. Nothing extraordinary. Basic exercises are prevailing and it doesn’t need any special equipment.
If you decided to use it, provide yourself proper nutrition because this program is for muscle gain. Don’t forget to sleep well, eat enough protein and train regularly. Results will be achieved very quickly.
Do you like the article? Press ‘like’ and share link with friends. It is not difficult for you and it is a pleasure for us. There is couple of kilos and one plus in karma from us.